This isn’t your standard HR role – it is an opportunity to be the first employee of our nascent Employee Experience organization working across MFS Africa’s departments and managers to bring top quality talent into the company, set up performance management processes and tools, and introduce creative ways of maintaining a high level of employee engagement and excitement.
MFS Africa is a leading pan-African fintech company, operating the largest digital payments hub on the continent. The MFS Africa Hub is connected to over 170 million mobile wallets in Sub-Saharan Africa, offering unparalleled reach for financial services providers and other partners. MFS Africa was named by the international business magazine Fast Company as one of Africa’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in 2017. We pride ourselves on hiring exceptional people and this role is about keeping up with that track record while ensuring MFS Africa employees have an exceptional experience with the company.
You will report directly to the CEO and own everything from hiring, onboarding, performance management, comps & benefits, retention, and set up/management of the required systems and processes. You will also have your hands in other people-related initiatives such internal communication and training. Ideally, you are someone with a versatile background who can pick up and learn things quickly, a proven track-record of leading people across culture, and an eye for pure talent.
You will serve as a thought partner to the CEO and help him co-drive the design and execution of the EX change roadmap. Together with the CEO, you will take on the ambitious challenge of building an outstanding EX rooted in our culture: we are “can-do” people, impact seeking, and diversity embracing. We care about what we build, who we build it for, and who we are while we build it.
If this sounds like you, let’s chat!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own the strategy and execution for delivering an outstanding EX including:
- recruiting and retaining the best talent into the company;
- continuously improving performance management framework, including comps & benefits;
- designing, implementing and continuously improving employee engagement processes and tools;
- designing and maintaining an EX dashboard with the adequate metrics and goals to hit the company’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with managers and various stakeholders across the organization to continuously measure and improve EX
- Possess the creativity and tenacity to gain the trust of the employees and managers for positive engagements
- Keep EX as a top priority as we continue to scale our organization
- Lead other talent-related projects that support retention and morale at the company, including some onboarding, training & development and internal communication
YOU MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 6+ years of experience, with ideally 3+ years of managerial experience in a complex HR operations function at scale – strategy/management consulting background is a plus
- A proven track record of using creative approaches to build relationships and increase teams’ motivation
- Experience in dealing with tough situations with positivity, tenacity, and “street-smarts”
- Experience thriving in cross-cultural environments; experience working/living in multiple African countries is a plus
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- A metrics-driven approach to problem solving
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present data/information at all levels of an organization
- Highly organized with an impeccable attention to detail
- Extraordinary learning agility, ability to bring prior expertise and adapt appropriately for MFS Africa’s unique culture
- A positive individual who is driven and excited about working autonomously in a startup environment
To apply for this job please follow this link: https://mfs-africa.workable.com/j/A5D3221081